Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sometimes It Just Doesn't Add Up


Do you sometimes feel like life just isn't adding up?
That's how I felt today.

I promise I don't live my life
taking each calculated step to, in turn,
receive some calculated result.
However, today about halfway through the day
I had this overwhelming feeling/thought
that if you "added up"
all the things I'm doing or trying to do in my life
that somehow the result (my current life)
would be different than it is today, and dare I say--BETTER.

I'm not trying to complain
and I don't think life is that bad,
but sometimes I just wonder if this is it.
Did I somehow get the equation wrong?

I know in the end
it all comes down to I don't know all the details--
the inner workings that go into creating the result that is my life.

So I'm going to trust in someone who knows BETTER.
Trust Him that no matter how skewed the equation may look,
He knows how to do the math.

4 comments:

James said...

well. . . math never was your strongest subject. J/K. I like that thought. He definitely understands the equation in a way our limited mind does not. Keep doing your part and He will always do his. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely. I think trusting in Heavenly Father's plan is always the best option. Sometimes it doesn't make sense and life is often far from perfect, but as long as you're doing your best Heavenly Father will guide you to something greater than you can even fathom for yourself. You're awesome, Liz, and I look up to you for your enthusiasm and faith. Keep smiling! :)

Liz said...

Thanks James! And it's true, math has never been a strong point for me. Haha. But I would hope I could add, right?

Liz said...

Thanks Lindsay! That really means a lot! I agree with you. Heavenly Father has some amazing plans in store for me, and for all of us! Now we just have to see what those plans are. ;)