Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

I LOVE MOVIES! (Why "Morning Glory" Inspired Me)

Yesterday, I went to see Morning Glory. It had everything I could ever want in a movie. I took a journey with Becky Fuller (Rachel McAdams) as she proved to withstand defeat after defeat when any normal person would quit. She believed in herself and in her dream when literally NO ONE else did. She inspired me! She made me want to dare to dream and go for it full speed ahead.

And I realized after watching Morning Glory, how much movies really mean to me and as crazy as it sounds, how much movies are therapy for me. My friend described it to me well when she said, "you don't watch movies like other people do." I appreciate the details of the movie, I pull the actors out of their characters sometimes and marvel at their ability to portray a character so effortlessly. I am overjoyed by the ability of great writers and I always find my favorite songs from a scene in a movie. If I'm having a bad day, a great movie can honestly turn everything around, even for just a little while. I get more excited about movies than a lot of things.

Some might say it's pathetic to love movies so much or to sometimes make them more real in my mind than they are in actuality, but I realized just like other people love dance, or reading, or camping, or any other "more respected" interests, I love movies! I love the orchestration of music, acting, words, and emotion coming together to give me an experience to invigorate all of my senses. Who could ask for more? And it's not that I don't love music, dancing, reading, and a number of other things. I have just been reminded of my love for movies more recently. :)

P.S. Go see Morning Glory! It's funny, inspiring, entertaining, and fun! :)

No comments: