Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I Am a Writer!


Okay, so last week I found an amazing blog post on twitter (I can't help it, I'm on it for work all day long). Anyway, this woman (Brown Eyed is her blogger name) was talking about the situation many of us writers encounter at a party. The typical conversation goes something like this, "So where do you work?" or "What do you do for a living?" This blogger then refers to the reaction of many of those who are writers. She so clearly expresses the thoughts of a professional writer who somehow feels like writing isn't a real profession or how as a writer, people tend to "play down" writing as a hobbie rather than a profession. I don't know if I could call myself a professional writer, but I know someday I want to be. Someday, I want to inspire people through my writing. I feel I can relate a lot to this blog post I read because although writing may not be my profession right now, it is one of my passions in life and I would say we are denying ourselves of something if we are not true to our passions and our talents. So thank you Brown Eyed for reminding me to be proud to be a writer.

To read Brown Eyed's blog post Click Here

No comments: