Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Oh the Snow!


This morning I woke up to cloudy skies and snow falling outside. I normally work an 8-5 work day. This morning I got here at 9:36. Let me paint a picture of what it was like this morning. I actually straightened my hair today which seemed like a stupid thing to do when it's snowing, but I wasn't thinking about that when I did it, I just wanted to get ready. I went outside and spent probably about 10 minutes cleaning off my car which had a small bank of snow behind it that I got to back out into. The I-15 between Bountiful and Salt Lake took me about 40 minutes or more to get through. I was grateful I had a banana with me to eat because I hadn't eaten breakfast. I started to get sleepy as I checked my speedometer and noticed I don't think I ever went over 9 mph in that stretch of freeway. Finally once I got to the road construction part, oddly enough, the traffic picked up. Through some minimal sliding and going about 20 to 25 mph the rest of the way I finally made it to work. I know on many days I can get frustrated about all of this, but honestly today I was just grateful that I was safe, my car was safe, and it got to that point where I knew I couldn't do anything so I just started laughing at random things and I actually cheered out loud when I hit 40 mph on some of the less snowy parts of the road. I think today helped me to appreciate the small things in life, even though safety isn't small, I think it's taken for granted and I was happy today it wasn't.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

you used a picture! good job!!!