Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

PlayLIZt: May Week 2 (Who You Are)

I could write so much about this song, but I'll just write the most important reasons this song is the PlayLIZt song of the week from last week. When I first heard this song there was a line that made all the difference to me. "It's okay not to be okay." I feel like I (and other people I know) spend so much time trying to "keep it all together" on a daily basis, and while some days it's easy to see the good and be happy, some days everything is just not okay. I felt like the lyrics in the song gave me permission to not be okay, but also to never let that be it, to keep living to be who I am deep down, and who you are. This song gives hope when there is none. This song is a gift. This song is for anyone who has ever doubted themselves. No matter what, remember who you are! On Saturday night I got to sing this song for a friend at an acoustic music event to raise money for cancer research. Although it wasn't the easiest thing to do, it was one of the coolest things I've been able to be a part of. So here's to a great song! A really great song!
Enjoy! :)

No comments: