Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Question about normal

I thought of a question today. When you're having a hard time with something, struggling with a certain situation in life and you tell someone about it, would you rather have them tell you it's a normal thing to be going through whatever it is you're going through, or would you rather have them react as if what you're going through is something they won't pretend to understand and is your own personal struggle? I guess I'm wondering, does it make you feel better or worse when someone makes you feel like your problem is a normal thing that people go through?


Respond if you want. Just food for thought.

1 comment:

Spratt said...

For me it depends on the situation. If it is something that I am seeking advice on, or needs solving, it is helpful to hear that it is normal. On the other hand, if it is situation where I feel I have been treated unfairly, or unusually cruel, it is more helpful to just have someone to talk to and not try to fix things.