Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Don't be afraid

What does it mean to stay true to yourself, true to what you know? This question has kind of been on my mind. I just want to say doing what I think is best doesn't mean that everyone else is wrong. It doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't know anything or that they don't care about the same things I do. But some days we just have to silence all the doubts and face the fear that as we might very well be wrong, we also must be true to ourselves and to what we know.

Last night at Institute I read a quote that really hit me. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said: "Do not be afraid of scars that may come in defending the truth or fighting for the right, but beware scars that spiritually disfigure, that come to you in activities you should not have undertaken, that befall you in places where you should not have gone." (Ensign, Nov. 1998, pg. 77)

I can only hope to do so...

1 comment:

Spratt said...

That was a really good quote. I was also impressed when we read it in class. Those are some wise words. By the way, I think you are awesome!